Temporary Assignment for an Experienced Legal Secretary
Mid-sized California-based firm is seeking a skilled Trial Litigation Secretary to support the legal team on temporary, long-term assignment with the potential to move into a direct-hire role
- Prepare, draft and file legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, and notices of deposition.
- E-filing in Federal & State Courts required.
- Manage case files and document management systems.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings, and depositions.
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, and court officials regarding case-related matters.
- Maintain attorney calendars and deadlines, ensuring all court dates and filing deadlines are met.
- Organize and maintain litigation files, including electronic and hard copies.
- Assist attorneys in the preparation of trial notebooks and exhibits.
- Conduct legal research and assist in the preparation of legal briefs.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of experience working as a litigation secretary in a law firm setting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and document management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, court rules, and filing procedures.
- Experience with electronic court filing and docketing systems.
If interested and meet the requirements above, please submit your resume or reach out to:
- Jessica Younker
- [email protected]
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state, and federal laws.
Duration of employment
3 - 6 Months
Los Angeles, CA
Hybrid Work Schedule
$30.00-$35.00 Per hour
April 27, 2023