A law firm in Downtown is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team. As an integral member of their finance department, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable transactions while utilizing your legal knowledge to handle specific legal billing requirements.
- Process accounts payable invoices and expense reports accurately and in a timely manner, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Verify and reconcile vendor statements, resolving any discrepancies in a proactive and efficient manner.
- Review legal invoices for accuracy and compliance with billing guidelines and specific legal requirements.
- Collaborate with internal legal teams to obtain necessary approvals and supporting documentation for legal invoices.
- Maintain vendor files, including up-to-date information, W-9 forms, and other required documentation.
- Assist in month-end closing activities, including preparing accruals and supporting schedules for accounts payable.
- Conduct periodic review of accounts payable processes and suggest improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Support internal and external audits by providing relevant documentation and responding to inquiries.
Stay updated on legal billing regulations and industry best practices to ensure compliance
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate or bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Prior experience working as an accounts payable clerk or in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of accounts payable processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of legal billing processes and familiarity with legal billing guidelines.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Legal experience is a plus.
If interested and meet the qualifications, please send your resume to or contact:
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state, and federal laws.