A multi-national law firm is seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Legal Billing and Collections Manager to join its Washington, DC legal team. The Legal Billing and Collections Manager will play a critical role in overseeing the billing and collections processes, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with relevant legal and financial regulations. This individual will be responsible for managing a team of billing and collections professionals and collaborating with attorneys, clients, and vendors to optimize the billing and collections operations. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in legal billing and collections, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field is a plus.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in legal billing and collections, preferably within a law firm or legal department.
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong understanding of legal billing practices, billing software systems, and industry-standard billing guidelines (e.g., LEDES format).
- Knowledge of collections strategies and techniques, with a track record of successfully reducing outstanding balances.
- Familiarity with legal fee arrangements, including hourly billing, flat fees, and contingency fees.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify errors and discrepancies in billing and financial data.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex billing and collections matters to attorneys, clients, and internal stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities, with a focus on fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Proficiency in relevant billing and financial software applications, such as legal billing software, accounting systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit your resume or contact:
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state, and federal laws.