A large, national law firm is seeking an IP / Patent Prosecution Paralegal. The IP / Patent Prosecution Paralegal will play a pivotal role in assisting attorneys with the preparation, filing, and prosecution of patent applications. This position requires exceptional organizational abilities, strong attention to detail, and a deep understanding of patent prosecution processes. The ideal candidate will be a proactive and driven individual with excellent communication skills and a passion for intellectual property law.
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred. High School diploma required.
- At least 3 years of experience as a U.S & International IP / Patent Prosecution Paralegal or similar role in a law firm or corporate setting.
- In-depth knowledge of patent prosecution procedures, USPTO rules, and patent office practices.
- Proficient in using patent databases and legal research tools (e.g., USPTO PAIR, WIPO, and Thomson Reuters).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work accurately under strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and time-management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and case management software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with foreign patent prosecution.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this position, we encourage you to submit your resume or contact:
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state, and federal laws.